​Call now for a consultation. 860-222-7724
Chinigo, Leone & Maruzo, LLP
You Don’t Have To Face Your Legal Challenge Alone
Come to the local firm that’s here for you when you need us.
Real Estate Law

Divorce & Family Law

Criminal Defense
Personal Injury
Workers' Compensation Benefits

Insurance Companies Do Not Like To Pay Out Claimants

After suffering an injury in a car accident, the last thing many individuals want to do is gather evidence that proves how and when they were hurt. Unfortunately, to improve your chances of filing a successful personal injury claim, and maximizing the compensation you receive, this is exactly what needs to be done.

This is because insurance companies do not like to pay out claims. They are rigorous in their examinations, and will go to great lengths to discredit the notion that they are liable for damages. Nevertheless, an experienced attorney can help you counteract the insurance companies. At Chinigo, Leone & Maruzo, LLP, we have assisted individuals in Norwich and throughout eastern Connecticut with their personal injury claims for more than 25 years.

What Steps Should I Take After A Car Accident?

There are a number of simple steps you can take to bolster your claim. These include:

  • Taking pictures of any damage (to you and/or your vehicle)
  • Making a detailed statement to police
  • Obtaining insurance information from all parties involved
  • Seeking medical attention immediately
  • Continuing to receive adequate medical attention throughout your recovery process
  • Reviewing your insurance policy

Such activities create a formidable dossier of evidence that will give your legal team a distinct advantage in negotiations with insurers, and serve to benefit you in court.

Leveraging A Lawyer To Your Benefit

We have extensive experience negotiating with insurance companies. We know how to find weaknesses in their arguments, while strengthening our clients’ claims.

To schedule a consultation with our team, you can call our offices at 860-222-7724. Appointments can also be arranged through our online form. We offer initial consultations, and will provide an assessment of your case.